The Easter season is one of the happiest times of the year. It means that the bitter chill of winter will soon make way for sunny days, and it’s the perfect excuse to eat your weight in chocolate bunnies.
Handwritten cards are a delightfully heartfelt way to share all the candy-coated joy of the holiday, but figuring out what to say for Easter greetings can be challenging.
If you’re struggling to find what to write inside an Easter card, here are 40 greetings and quotes for every person on your recipient list.
What to Write in an Easter Card to a Friend
When deciding what to write in an Easter card for a friend, keep things lighthearted and a bit silly.
You can choose a funny pun or mention the oodles of candy you’re bound to break into during all the festivities.
1. You’re one of my favorite peeps!
2. I promise not to judge the number of chocolate eggs you eat as long as you steer clear of my Easter basket.
3. If you need some help getting through all your candy, I’m happy to take care of any egg-stra jelly beans you have.
4. I hope your Easter comes with laughter, hope, and plenty of goodies.
5. Springtime always reminds me of how beautiful it is to have a friend like you. Happy Easter!
What to Say for Easter to Your Significant Other
There are plenty of things to say in Easter cards when it’s intended for the one you love.
Be sentimental and sweet, or share some of your trademark humor. As long as it’s sincere, your other half will cherish it.
6. Sweet treats got nothing on you, babe.
7. I’m so egg-cited to spend Easter (and every other holiday) with you.
8. Every Easter with you is the best Easter ever.
9. Let’s do a date night on Monday this week. We can spend some quality time in the Easter candy clearance aisle.
10. Thank you for giving me some-bunny to love.
What to Say in an Easter Card to Your Parents
What do you say for Easter to the people who show you unconditional love?
They’ll appreciate messages that show how much you enjoyed your childhood celebrations or expressions of gratitude for the support they continue to give you as an adult.
11. Remember when Easter Sunday meant you bought me chocolate bunnies? We should start that tradition again.
12. Easter morning won’t be the same without you asking us to stand still in pastel-colored clothes while you take a family picture.
13. Every Easter, I can’t help but smile as I remember the big baskets, delicious brunch, and generous demonstrations of love you always made time for. Thanks, mom and dad!
14. To the world’s most eggs-cellent parents, have a wonderful Easter.
15. I was going to call you to ask for advice on things to write in an Easter card, but I thought it might be in poor taste since the card is for you. Love you!
What to Say in an Easter Message to Kids
Kids are easy to please when you’re figuring out things to write in Easter cards.
They’re still young enough to appreciate puns without groaning about lame “dad jokes,” so feel free to break out your best material.
16. I hope this Easter puts some spring in your step.
17. To my favorite good egg, happy Easter wishes!
18. I carrot-bout you more than all the jelly beans in the world.
19. If you want to win the Easter egg hunt, you’d better hop to it. Have a beautiful Easter.
20. What does the Easter Bunny use every morning? A hare brush!
What to Say on an Easter Card for Coworkers
Professional relationships are tricky regarding what to say for Easter messages, especially if you aren’t sure about their religious beliefs or feelings about the holiday.
So, what do you write in an Easter card for coworkers without stepping on any toes?
It’s best to stick with messages or quotes wishing them a happy spring, as it is something everyone can enjoy regardless of faith.
21. Warmest wishes for a prosperous and delightful springtime.
22. Here’s to new beginnings and a happy spring.
23. Wishing my favorite deskmate plenty of warm days spent enjoying all that nature has to offer.
24. Embrace all the newness that spring has to offer.
25. It looks like Mother Nature finally decided to turn the AC off. Happy spring!
26. “It is spring again. The Earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” –Rainer Maria Rilke
27. “The deep roots never doubt that spring will come.” –Marty Rubin
28. “Blossom by blossom, the spring begins.” –Algernon Charles Swinburne
29. “The beautiful spring came, and when nature resumes her loveliness, the human soul is apt to revive also.” –Harriet Ann Jacobs
30. “The promise of spring’s arrival is enough to get anyone through the bitter winter.” –Jen Selinsky
Religious Things to Say in an Easter Card
While Easter is celebrated by the religious and non-religious alike, it is a Christian holiday at its core. However, many people find themselves stumped about what to write for Easter greetings to those who would appreciate a more traditional message about the miracle of the resurrection.
If you’re searching for the right faith-based words for Easter cards, use these sentiments and bible verses as inspiration.
31. Easter blessings as we remember the miraculous resurrection of Jesus Christ.
32. The miracle of Easter abounds in every newly risen flower.
33. Know that I am praying for a blessed Easter season for you and your loved ones.
34. May Christ’s resurrection serve as a reminder of hope, love, and forgiveness.
35. In this season of Jesus’ sacrifice, know that it symbolizes his enduring and unconditional love.
36. “Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.” –John 11:25
37. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” –2 Corinthians 5:17
38. “For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” –Hebrews 12:2
Final Thoughts on What to Say for Easter Card Messages
Spring is the season of change, new beginnings, and hope, making it the ideal time to pick up a new habit that will bring joy to the lives of those you care about.
Handwritten cards tick all the boxes as they are an easy and inexpensive way to bring a breath of fresh air to a world filled with emails and instant messages. They show that you’re thinking of your loved ones and are willing to put effort into picking out a card, purchasing a stamp, and stopping by the post office.
Now that you have 45 different ideas of what to write in Easter cards, it’s time to break out your favorite pen and start writing.
0 Comments for “No Idea What to Say for Easter? 38 Top Easter Card Messages”