A decade of marriage is a milestone anniversary and one that’s worth celebrating with a thoughtful, meaningful gift.
Many couples choose to commemorate their years together using curated gift lists, a custom that’s been around since Ancient Rome.
This tradition is so popular we often refer to anniversaries by these gift list names, such as calling 40 years together the “Silver Anniversary” or 50 years the “Gold Anniversary.”
So, what anniversary is 10 years, what is the 10th-anniversary symbol, and how can you celebrate with the perfect 10-year anniversary gift?
Read on to learn about appropriate 10th-anniversary gifts and shopping inspiration based on the traditional, modern, gemstone, and flower anniversary lists.
What Is the 10th Wedding Anniversary Called?
If you follow the traditional theme, 10 years of marriage is called the Tin Anniversary or Aluminum Anniversary.
According to the modern gift theme, it is called the Diamond Jewelry Anniversary, not to be confused with the Diamond Anniversary, which celebrates 60 years.
What Is the 10-Year Anniversary Symbol?
After a decade of marriage, you’ve forged a resilient bond, represented by the ten-year anniversary symbols: tin, aluminum, diamond jewelry, and daffodils.
Which Tenth-Year Anniversary Symbol Should I Use?
Over the years, different lists of anniversary symbol gifts have emerged, with the most popular being traditional, modern, flower, and gemstone.
Examples of these gift customs on some of the significant milestone anniversaries include:
- 1st Anniversary: Paper, clocks, carnations, and gold
- 2nd Anniversary: Cotton, china, cosmos, and garnet
- 3rd Anniversary: Leather, crystal, sunflower, and pearl
- 4th Anniversary: Flowers or fruit, linen or appliances, geranium, and blue topaz
- 5th Anniversary: Wood, silverware, daisy, and sapphire
- 6th Anniversary: Sugar, iron, calla lily, and amethyst
- 7th Anniversary: Copper or wool, desk set, freesia, and onyx
- 8th Anniversary: Salt, linen or lace, clematis, and tourmaline
- 9th Anniversary: Willow and pottery, leather, poppy, and lapis lazuli
- 10th Anniversary: Tin or aluminum, diamond jewelry, daffodil, and diamonds
- 20th Anniversary: China, platinum, aster, and emerald
- 30th Anniversary: Pearl, diamond, lily, and pearl
- 40th Anniversary: Silver and iris
- 50th Anniversary: Gold and violets or yellow roses
- 60th Anniversary: Diamond and orchids
When choosing which symbol for a 10-year anniversary to use for gift inspiration, consider affordability, how easily you can find or make an item from that material, and which option your partner would cherish the most.
You can also combine items from different lists, such as gifting china with an aster pattern for your twentieth anniversary or a diamond and pearl necklace for your 30th.
10-Year Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas
Now that you know the answer to “What is the symbol for the 10-year anniversary?” it’s time to find an appropriate gift to match the theme.
Regardless of which anniversary present theme you choose, the most important thing is finding something thoughtful that shows your spouse you love them as much today as you did in your first year together.
Celebrate ten years of love, laughter, and learning together with a 10th-anniversary gift representing your relationship’s strength.
Whether you go the traditional route with aluminum or tin, opt for a more modern approach with diamond jewelry, or buy botanicals like daffodils, be thoughtful in your selection. What matters most is showing your spouse how much joy they’ve brought you in the last decade.
Happy 10th anniversary, and here’s to many decades of love ahead!
0 Comments for “What Is the 10th Anniversary Symbol”